Saturday, September 8, 2012

It's Time to Get Moving...

In earnest, this round-the-globe voyage became a reality at the end of 2010 after the unexpected loss of two family members who were so very close to us. We miss them both beyond description and their departure from this world has left us scrambling in ways that we never could have expected. We are all trying to be stronger now, but it is hard to make sense of what remains.
My loss of friends coupled with the passing of others I had known throughout my life, made the conversations I had had with some of them prior to their deaths impossible to overlook. Those that could see the end of the road drawing nearer sometimes spoke in a profound clarity which was truly inspiring to me. To these friends that I so much admired... thank you for waking me up and recognizing what is here.... now. This story is for you.

It's time to get moving...

_________________________________________________


A friend once tucked this quote in my tool box prior to my departing a boatbuilding career to find a different life on the seas. Soon afterward I laminated the note inside Pincoyas pilot house looking forward. It remains the most powerful and compelling text in my life...
Thank you Ken Bassett

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." 

T.E. Lawrence
A.K.A. Lawrence of Arabia


___________________________________________

An inspiring quote from a true Vermonter, while looking at the scale of work ahead:

"Every man should have a project... 
      that he will never entirely finish... 
           and that he never needed in the first place...   
                                                                                ....yup."

K. Smith. 
Excavator Driver

_________________________________________________

"I know in my soul I am not running from anything...
     I know in my heart I am not running toward anything...
         ...yet with no less conviction, I feel so alive, with the anchor  lashed firmly in its chock."

J. Whitehair

Euphorically Wandering Helmsman

___________________________________________________
       
      
      

No comments:

Post a Comment