Sunday, November 9, 2014

RatRod

As I was working on Bluesette and Oink (Ebbens 32' Ericson) this past summer I came across a posting of an old Firebird convertible for sale on Craigslist - the car was located around the corner here in Norwich. The end of the story unfolds with a '69 Firebird here in my yard that was purchased for a handful of peanuts and the joy of another round of moto work in the shop. I look at this project as another way to increase my engine building skills for Bluesettes diesel overhaul and maintenance, and an enjoyable project to work on as I pass some more time before I can realistically launch Bluesette. At this time Bluesette is over the rail in September of 2021.

The '69 Firebird convertible as it rolled into the shop - years of dust and mud:


"YardBird"
     Barn find of 2014

One wash before winching into the shop for dismantling
...and a rat-rod/hot-rod make over.


     
                          
                       468 ci Pontiac 400 hp street ripper
                            Found in an abandoned '79 Performance Trans Am
                     all the interior is coming for the ride too!
                     click on image for close up photo

No comments:

Post a Comment